Self-Care Weekend!


 I am doing my best to catch a cold.  My husband has been fighting it off for about a week now.  This morning I woke up with a headache, scratchy throat, etc.

As a result, I am declaring this weekend "Self-Care Weekend."  I will drink massive amounts of hot tea and crochet until my fingers fall off- all whilst sitting in front of the pellet stove, warming my toes.

This is the project on which I am currently working:
It is a very simple scarf pattern.  I found it here.  In the blog post, the person uses this yarn, but I had this yarn on hand:
This yarn is 70% alpaca and 30% bamboo.  So far, the scarf is squishy and soft- just what you want in a scarf.  The finished project will take a little over 340 yards of yarn- which makes the cost (5 skeins at $13.00 per skein) around $65.00.  When I looked the yarn up to see how much I paid for it, I noticed this particular color has been discontinued.  I'm glad I usually follow the advice given to me by the ladies I used to knit with in Alamosa, CO- always buy enough skeins to finish your project- then buy an extra skein just in case!



Comments

Popular Posts