Instant Pot Red Chile Chicken Posole



I visited a local Hispanic market in Rifle yesterday (my kids told me I should start buying the "good Mexican candy."  Who am I to argue? 

In addition to buying a bag of said "good Mexican candy," I also purchased a can of hominy- to make some posole.

I used this recipe, but I made some changes.

I used:
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chile arbol
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 cup water

I put the olive oil in the instant pot and set it on saute.  I measured and put the spices in the oil and let it hang out a second.  Then I added the chicken thighs and let them brown a little (about 5 minutes).  I dumped the water in and put the lid on the pot.  I set it for 10 minutes on manual with a quick pressure release.

I added:
2 cans of red enchilada sauce
1 can hominy
enough water to fill the pot halfway

I put the lid back on and set it for another 10 minutes on manual, quick pressure release.


Comments

Popular Posts