Chicken Noodle Soupish

I was feeling rotten a few weeks ago and I was craving soup- specifically chicken soup.  But I have never liked chicken noodle soup.  Plus- when I'm feeling crappy, I tend to lean toward spicy things.

I had chicken carcasses in the freezer, so I decided to make some chicken broth, then figure something out after that.

I chucked the 3 chicken carcasses in a large stock pot with the odds and ends of veggies I'd been saving in a ziploc bag in the freezer, then filled it about 2/3 of the way with water and set it on the stove to fester all day.

I was hoping to aim for something like chicken coconut soup, but I didn't have any coconut milk on hand. So as usual, I just winged it!

I heated some coconut oil in a saucepan, and added red curry paste, garlic paste, ginger paste and lemongrass paste. After it began sizzling, I added some chicken base and salt.  After a few minutes of simmering, I added chicken stock, fish sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, and thinly sliced mushrooms.

After about 10 minutes, I tasted it and decided it needed a bit of soy sauce.  I also added a little bit of lime peel powder.

Lastly, I added some spaghetti noodles and let them cook about 8 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts