The Great Journaling Experiment

Cute dog picture for tax
I have tried many times in my life to journal.  I've never been able to make it more than a week.  I'd like to think that's because I'm a busy person, but I'm pretty sure it's actually because I'm lazy and undisciplined.

Technically, we've been sticking close to home now for about 11 days.  Earlier today, I read an article that said the governor has asked people to stay home except for essential trips.

Our school is closed at least until April 7th, but we go online with distance learning on Monday.

These things combined have made me feel anxious.  I'm not paranoid about my health, I'm just unsettled and I'm finding it almost impossible to concentrate on anything- which is unusual for me.

You'd think I'd be thrilled because I don't have to balance my work day and grad school homework.  You'd think I'd be thrilled because as I've aged, I've become somewhat of a homebody. You'd think I'd be thrilled because I always complain about not having enough time to make cards.

But I'm not thrilled.  In fact, I'm not motivated to do anything at all.  Cooking is the one exception to that statement- and honestly, that's the one thing I need to do less of.  I'm going to weigh 600 pounds before this is all over.

I've read all kinds of suggestions to beat the blahs of staying home all the time.  One of the big ones is to begin journaling.  So, I figure I'll give it a shot.  I'm going to be realistic this time, though, and only commit to journaling 3 times a week. 

Another thing I'm going to try is making a schedule to follow now that my normal day has been turned on its head.  Perhaps the effort and thought process of making the schedule will motivate me to do some of the things I really want (and need) to do.  Who knows...


Comments

Popular Posts