Saturday, Lovely Saturday

Our morning started with french toast. Any morning that starts with french toast can't be bad. After a quick shower, it was time for our weekly bike ride to the farmers market.
This week's purchases included fresh peaches and some really odd looking round zucchini. The peaches are bound for the grill, then a topping of vanilla ice cream. The zucchini will probably end up in a stir fry of sweet corn and fresh tomato.
Dev has been standing out on the balcony with binoculars, watching the planes do stunts at the Alamosa Fly In. We can see pretty well from our apartment.
He has also been busy making home made ricotta and mozzarella(sp) cheeses for my chicken parmesan recipe. We are taking it over to Tonya and Shane's for movie night. I hope it turns out as good as it sounds like it will. My goal is my version of the ultimate chicken parmesan. I'm planning to pound the chicken breasts out like cutlets, bread them in panko, pan fry them to crisp them up, layer them with fresh basil leaves, coat them with fresh ricotta mixed with lemon zest and black pepper, then slather them in home made roasted tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella cheese- then dump the whole thing over angel hair pasta. Wish me luck! I'll post the pics of the steps and the final result here tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts