Weird Day

Today was one of those weird days.
Work wasn't bad. I actually got quite a bit done. We have 2 rather large conventions headed our way between now and Thanksgiving, and there are lots of little details to get nailed down. I got a good headstart on several things today.
From a friend perspective, it was a mixed bag. On the one hand, my friend Di got good news about employment for the fall, which is a relief of monumental proportions.
On the other hand, my friend Tonya was dealing with a very difficult first summer camp situation with her daughter. Although it did not directly involve me, I felt really awful for both of them and it occupied my thoughts for the majority of the day.
On an unrelated note, my nephew's 17th birthday is coming up Wednesday. I feel very old. Dev tries to convince me that other people's aging shouldn't affect my perception of my own, but when you remember CLEARLY the BIRTH of someone, you can't help but feel old when they are no longer a child.
Hopefully this weekend I can relax and put some things in perspective. Tonya and I are headed up to Salida for a weekend retreat. Dev, faced with the daunting option of eating ramen noodles for 3 days, has opted to go visit his parents while I'm gone. I kinda feel better knowing he'll have stuff to do and won't be sitting at home, bored. I imagine there will be at least one 4 wheeler excursion, and possibly some fishing. As for Tonya and myself, I'm expecting a little adventure (possibly some rafting) but mostly good company and long uninterrupted spans of time for talking...or just being quiet.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Don't forget old-lady hedonism, like staying up past nine and mixing ginger ale with wine spritzers..
Anonymous said…
Hey! I read Tonya's blog - that was so sad and disappointing for Sarah and really uncalled for. Hopefully this weekend will be a good restorative time. I can't believe Michael is 17, but then again Suz ran into Tracy O'Donaghue and her kids are going to seniors in high school - and Tonya's kids are starting college! UGH!!
Mimi said…
Oh great, Di- that helps! Now I really feel old.

Popular Posts