Brownies!



Sorry about the out of focus pic...I was really hungry! :)

I usually try to make a treat for Dev to take to team meetings with him on Tuesdays. This week I decided to make brownies.

I think brownies are an under-used dessert. They are so simple to make- but so versatile and so delicious!!

This time around, I didn't do anything fancy to them. I wanted plain old, down and dirty, chocolatey, gooey brownies.

I used a recipe from Rachael Ray's magazine (can you tell I've been going through a pile of magazines lately?? Everything I've cooked in the last few weeks has come out of Rachael Ray's mag. Weird.).

Here's the recipe:

Basic Brownies

Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups sugar, 1 1/2 sticks melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk in 3 eggs, 1 at a time. Stir in 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder and 1 cup flour. Transfer batter to the baking pan and bake until just set, 25 to 30 minutes; let cool.

I let mine go for 25 minutes, because I like really gooey brownies. If you like more done brownies, go about 35 minutes.

With a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream, these were perfect!

Comments

Popular Posts