My How Things Change...

Just a few short weeks ago I was whining and complaining about having nothing to do. I should have spent that time napping and being lazy- cuz it didn't last long!

I've been subbing at the school almost non-stop for the last two weeks, and somehow I've managed to wiggle my way into a permanent job at the school (starting September 28th).

Dev's birthday was yesterday, but I've planned a party to celebrate on Saturday evening. I took a few days off this week to get things ready and figure out what to serve my guests!!

In the meantime, I have cooked a few memorable meals, and I'll post one of them here.

Not too long ago I did a post about some savory waffles I found a recipe for in Rachael Ray's magazine. The recipe made about a zillion, so I froze the rest to use later.

One morning this week, I popped a few of the leftover waffles in the toaster, topped them with some leftover veggie taco filling (zucchini, onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes), sprinkled on a little cheese and ran them under the broiler. The results were pretty tasty!

Comments

Carrie said…
You have a job!! I just got a job this week myself and I'm really really really excited about it. What school will you be working at? They are SO lucky to have you and I hope it works out great. I'm sure you will miss the kitchen etc. with so much time now dedicated to work but you'll make it work. Congratulations and good luck!

Popular Posts