Escape- A Restaurant Review



Saturday, Dev and I decided to drive over to Aspen. I had never been, and we thought we'd go before ski season started and the ultra rich people showed up.

We stopped for lunch at a little cafe called Escape. It's located upstairs in a little book store right on the main drag in Aspen.

I didn't realize it until we looked at the menu, but the restaurant was primarily vegetarian.

Dev and I both ordered from the pre-fix menu. Dev ordered the butternut squash soup with a tunafish sandwich and sweet potato fries...



I didn't get a good pic of the sandwich. It looked like pretty basic tuna salad.

I ordered the roasted organic tomato bisque...



And a grilled veggie sandwich with sweet potato fries. The veggies were summer squash and zucchini...



This was a great lunch! My soup was hot and steamy...the flavor was slightly sweet, but rich. The grilled veggie sandwich was perfect, thanks in large part to the crusty baguette. And I can honestly say the sweet potato fries were the best I've ever had at a restaurant. Di still makes the best I've ever had... :)

Even the decor was perfect. The restaurant was upstairs with lots of skylights and windows. I took a pic of the baby's breath centerpiece on our table. It was just right- not too big, but it made a simple, clean statement.



I would definitely eat here again!

Comments

Diane said…
Aw - thanks Mimi :) - soup looks yummy!

Popular Posts