Oh yeah- I have a blog!

Oh my gosh...

I can not begin to tell you what the last month has been like. It has been quite the mixed bag of amazing highs and amazing amounts of stress.

I accepted a long term sub position in an 8th grade literacy class. After subbing for 3 weeks, I was officially offered the position permanently Friday. Needless to say, I accepted the position, but wow, has it changed my life.

I haven't had time to cook or knit, which are two of my favorite things to do. The cooking thing especially bothers me. I hate to eat or serve a bunch of pre-fabbed food. However, when I'm at school until 8:00pm, you gotta get something on the table quick. We actually had canned soup for dinner one night last week! How far the mighty have fallen...

Tonight I did manage to make a chicken casserole (again, getting some help from canned cream of mushroom soup). But that was only because I graded papers yesterday. I suppose eventually I'll fall back into a rhythm and get at least some of my life back.

So posts on the blog will probably be spotty for a little while longer. Maybe now that I've logged back on, I will be inspired to write at least a few lines each night before collapsing in a heap on the bed...

Comments

Sammie said…
Wow, Mimi, Congratulations on your new job! That is really wonderful. I hope eventually that you'll have more time to cook and knit.

It's good to know that the reason you haven't been blogging is a good thing!
Emmy Lou said…
hey congrats on the job! David is still hunting - I can't wait till he finds something so you can imagine how he feels, ha ha
Diane said…
Sounds kinda like my life...you'll get there and be awesome! Start thinking of summer :)

Popular Posts