Sushi Sasa

Poor Devin. Everytime we go to a new place, the first thing I want to do is scout out the sushi situation. I love sushi. I mean, I really LOVE sushi. And I really do feel guilty about dragging him along all the time, but not quite guilty enough not to do it. He assures me that he likes it and it's fine with him. But I'm not so sure sometimes. I love him for lying to me, though. :)

I did some advanced sushi research before we left for Denver, and Sushi Sasa showed up on several best of lists. And pretty much by accident, on Wednesday after we toured the Denver Museum of Contemporary Art, I asked the guy at the desk on the way out if there was any decent sushi nearby. And imagine my surprise when he mentioned Sushi Sasa was just around the corner!

Just to make sure I was good and hungry before we went in, we made a pilgrimage to the REI flagship store (which is just across the street from Sushi Sasa). This was a beautiful compromise for Devin and me. He gets to run around in outdoor store Makkah, and I get some very good sushi. Actually, he ended up not buying anything in REI, while I purchased a cute little handbag and 2 pairs of grown up socks (yes, Diane, REAL SOCKS). The ones I had on my feet were giving me blisters.

Anyhoo, after shopping at REI, we hopped across the street to Sushi Sasa. The girls at the front desk were fittingly snooty for a restaurant of its apparent caliber. When we told her two for dinner, she feigned disappointment and asked if we had a reservation. I answered no, we didn't, and would that be a problem? She showed us to a table, while telling us she had a reservation in an hour, would that be enough time? Enough time? Indeed. I made the most of my hour at Sushi Sasa.

I linked to their website, which includes their menu. We ordered edamame for a starter, then had the Big O Tempura, the BLT Roll and the Veggie Tempura Roll. I also had tuna and unagi nigiri.

It was indeed excellent sushi. And really, very reasonably priced. You'd think with the snooty service it would be more expensive!

I'm sure it will become a regular stop on all of our pilgrimages to the big city of Denver!

Comments

Diane said…
real socks! I am so proud!

Popular Posts