Vesta Dipping Grill

During my research for our trip to Denver, I came across the Vesta Dipping Grill on more than one list of the best restaurants in Denver. So I took a chance and booked a reservation there online.

The ambiance of the place is great. Our reservation was for 7:45pm, so it was all softly lit and candle-like, you know, romantical stuff.

The menu covers lots of territory. I linked to their page above, which lists their full menu. I had pretty much already decided what I wanted to get, but it took a little time there for Dev to make his decision.

I ordered as our appetizer the Vesta Roll, which was a tuna loin, rolled in toasted sesame seeds and panko, then quickly pan seared. It was perfect. A great way to start a meal...fresh and clean tasting. It was served with a sweetish-miso-soy dipping sauce.

For my entree, I ordered the duck breast. It was served with truffled farro and bacon sauteed brussel sprouts. Each entree comes with 3 sauces. You either take the ones suggested with it on the menu, or pick 3 from the list on the menu. I took 2 of the suggested sauces (black pepper aoli and cilantro pesto) but picked one of my own (coconut milk something). In my opinion, the sauces were completely unnecessary, which, I realize, is completely against the whole concept of the restaurant. But the meat was so perfectly cooked, and the sides were great the way they were. The sauces just seemed to mask the flavor of the main attraction. I really didn't use mine.

Dev ordered the smoked chicken served over bacon lentils. I don't remember his 3 sauces, but he didn't really use them, either.

The desserts were really good. I had sticky toffee pudding, served with creme anglais, chocolate ganache and strawberry coulis. Dev had the caramel apple, rolled in some kind of granola and caramel, then sliced and served with chocolate ganache drizzled over it.

The food was good, but next time I'd like to find a fondue restaurant, or something else a little more different, or exotic.

Comments

Popular Posts