Shrimp Curry and other pantry purging meals...



Earlier today I posted about New Year's Resolutions. I had another brilliant idea. I resolve to figure out what all I have in my pantry, and start cooking with it. There are 2 benefits to this strategy. The first is, of course a neater, trimmer pantry. The second is the opportunity to make room for new stuff!

Being a foodie, I have amassed some pretty odd stuff. And the sad thing is, I have no idea what all's in my collection.

So this afternoon I poked around on the shelves and found a package of curry mix. Here's a pic of it...



Ok. Go ahead. I'll wait. I know you want to make jokes about the name of the mix. It is frightfully close to gonad shrimp curry. There. I said it. Now can we get on with the post?? Thanks.

I followed the directions on the packet and combined 3/4 cup of lemon juice with an equal amount of olive oil, then whisked in the powdered spice packet. I defrosted and peeled about a pound of shrimp and put them in a dish. I poured the mixture over the shrimp and marinated them for about an hour. I stir fried some zucchini, green peppers, mushrooms and sugar snap peas. I added the marinated shrimp and let them cook for about 3 minutes. At the very last moment, I stirred in a few glugs of half in half. I served it over rice.

To be honest, this wasn't the best curry I've had. It didn't have that much flavor. Now that I've used that packet up, I can go out and buy some better curry!

Comments

Popular Posts