Cavalcade of Fun- brought to you by...chicken!

Day 2 of the Cavalcade of Fun 2014!

I woke up about 7am. Mom had an appointment with her lung doctor- and we were going to check one of the guilty pleasures off my summer list... Chicken biscuits from Chick-Fil-A.

I know it's awful. I don't agree with the politics of Chick-Fil-A's owner. But I have intense cravings for his chicken biscuits and I allow myself one a year.   And today was the day. 

We got good news at the doctor's office. Mom can travel to Colorado!  It will probably take most of this coming year to plan and save up- but I can't wait to show her the life Devin and I have built.

We met my niece for lunch at a local restaurant classic- Spanky's. I checked two other guilty pleasures off my list- real cherry coke and chicken fingers with honey-horseradish sauce. I dream about them- and Savannah is the only place you can get them.  The picture at the top of the post does not do them justice. 

For dinner, it was a group effort. My sister's husband, Marc, pan fried some fish fillets. Mom fried some yellow squash and green tomatoes. I made a fresh strawberry/basil salsa to put on the fish. Everything was delicious. Too bad I forgot to take pictures. :(

Then I headed to my best friend Di's house to hang out for a while. She, Terry, Suzanne and I sat on her front stoop and had a little wine, before coming in and watching some baseball. They hadn't eaten dinner yet, so Di made chicken burrito bowls.  I had already eaten, but I had to try a little. It was great!

I wonder what trouble we will find on day 3?


Comments

Popular Posts