Mental Floss



So there are a few odds and ends I need to blog about.




I mentioned in my last post that I bought Dev a Cuisinart coffeemaker for his birhday. Here is a pic of it.....




Nice, huh? I think so. It has some nifty features- like you can set the timer, and it will grind the beans and pour them in the hopper and brew the coffee. The only bad thing about it is the caraffe. You would think that after putting so much thought into the design of the bean grinder and coffee brewer, they'd put a mack daddy caraffe on it. Well they didn't. It doesn't pour properly. In fact, it really doesn't pour at all. The inside lip is too wide, so the coffee just kind of tumbles over the lip in the general direction of your cup. But, even considering that, it's a nice coffee maker. AND- it's the back up on my snooze alarm.


In other news.....tonight is Dev's first Cub Scout meeting. Here's a pic of him in his uniform shirt....
He is so cute!!!!!
So this morning in class we worked with clay for the first time. After doing some warm up activities, we began free-sculpting. I considered my options carefully, and decided to create a snowman. It was a beautiful snowman, indeed. I don't think clay is going to be my strong suit. I'm much better with the duplos.
We also had our lesson on hand washing today. Everyone should take a refresher course on hand washing. I learned a lot. For instance, it should take you the same amount of time to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" as it does for you to wash your hands. That's longer than you might think- especially if you have to stop and think about what the words are.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This pic makes Devin look like a tooth whitening model :)

Popular Posts