Housecleaning

I've been doing a bit of re-organizing this weekend, which has led to 2 different projects.

The first project has been to list all the books I've read (in recent memory, of course) on a database called http://www.librarything.com/. I think this is cool because you can share book lists with people, and do searches based on similar characteristics of books, and so on. You can write reviews of books and make recommendations. In other words, it's a great way to spend a weekend. I went through my book shelf and pulled the books I read from there, and also made a list of books I've read with my book club that I either borrowed or checked out from the library. I'm nowhere near finished, but it's been great remembering some of the great books I've read.

The second project sprang from the simple act of picking up a Penzey's Spices catalogue. I have made a list of all the spices I wish I had in my pantry (and would buy if I could afford them). Here's the list so far:
Tuscan Sunset Spice Blend
Adobo Seasoning
Apple Pie Spice
Cajun Style Seasoning
Cassia Cinnamon
Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
Whole Sarawak White Peppercorns
Northwoods Seasoning
Spanish Saffron
Green Goddess dressing mix
French Grey Sea Salt
Lemon Grass
Real Wasabi Powder
Seafood Soup Base
Mexican Vanilla Beans

I'm still not finished going through the whole catalogue, but this is a pretty good start.

I also started a new book this weekend- "The Sex Lives of Cannibals- Adrift in the Equitorial Pacific." I think it will be fairly entertaining....I'll let you know!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oooh, I wanna read that!

When are we starting a book club?
Anonymous said…
happy organizing! I did that at school last week - it only took 3 years, but its done now - and of course I can't find anything!
Paula said…
Mimi,

I found your blog through Library Thing. I'm a big fan of Penzey's. When you splurge and place an order, do try Fox Point Seasoning! It is our favorite blend. The Balti seasoning is also wonderful. Once you try Penzey's, herbs and spices from the supermarket smell like hay.
Mimi said…
Thanks Paula!! I will probably be placing an order with Penzey's after the New Year. My Dad always ordered his spices from them.
I read that you found my blog through librarything...how do you like using it? I have started to input my library, but I'm not really sure what else the site is good for....

Popular Posts