Movies, Movies, Movies

Dev and I were given a gift subscription to Netflix for Christmas (thanks, Chris!). So we went to www.netflix.com to fill our list with thoughtful, provocative films we had never seen before and would probably NEVER see around here. Unfortunately, this downgraded quickly into an exercise in futility. You really don't know a person until you try to make a netflix list with them. I kept suggesting film title, and he kept saying "That's fine," or "whatever you want." I want discourse....I want discussion....I want a list that reflects BOTH our tastes. Ugh.

We only managed to get 2 movies on our list, both of which have been shipped and watched. The first was "Mrs. Brown," with Judy Dench (one of my alltime faves) and Billy Connolly. I really liked the movie. It was one of those sweeping period pieces with the big costumes and accents and all that stuff. It was kinda long, and took a while to get wound up, but overall I thought it was really good.

"The Big Night" was our other selection. It starred Tony Shalhoub and Stanley Tucci as Italian immigrant brothers who come to America to start an Italian restaurant. The movie had such great potential!!! I like the actors and the subject matter....but, alas, it sucked. It was slow and the ending was completely unfulfilling. The food looked really good, but it wasn't enough to save the movie.

So it's back to the drawing board. I went to netflix and added "The Devil Wears Prada" to our list, along with some other movie I don't remember right now. I think in the future, filling our list may have to be an activity done apart rather than together. That way, it will truly reflect our individual tastes. I'll let you know what happens.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
He wants to see Die Hard you want to see Jane Austin - get used to it - :)
Melessa Gregg said…
I liked The Devil Wears Prada a lot more than I thought I would.

Melessa

Popular Posts