Playing Catch-Up

I only worked 2 days this week, but it seems like a lot more. The kids were at their creative best.

All the classes in our building have been doing units on Native Americans. One of the little girls in my morning class brought in some artifacts collected by her grandfather. She stood up in front of the class and this is what she said (I swear I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried...)
"These are Indian rocks. I got them from my grandpa's trailer because Indians used to live in there."

Later the same day, I'm at my duty station on the playground during lunch, when a little boy calls me over to the sandbox. He tells me that his leg hurts. I ask him why. He answers "Because I have to go to the bathroom." I asked him what that had to do with him having to go to the bathroom. He said he didn't know- it just did. I told him to go use the bathroom. Ten minutes later, he comes to find me on the playground and tells me his leg doesn't hurt anymore.

We leave in the morning to go to Dev's parents' house in Montrose for Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to getting away for a little while....PLUS I am planning to buy my new camera whilst there. I hope to soon be the proud owner of a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT. I'm not sure if the pics on my blog will get any better, but there's always hope.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Durn - nice camera. Have fun in Montrose and Happy Thanksgiving!

Popular Posts