Strawberry Banana Bread


Strawberry Banana Bread

1 ½ c. sifted flour
2/3 c. sugar
2 t. baking powder
½ t. salt
¾ c. quick-cooking oats
1/3 c. oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
½ c. strawberries, mashed
½ c. bananas, mashed
¼ c. almonds, diced

In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir in the oats.  Add the oil, eggs, strawberries, banana and almonds, stirring just until no dry ingredients show.
Turn into a greased loaf pan.  Bake at 350 for one hour or til toothpick comes out clean.

Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes, then turn out of pan to complete cooling.

I found this recipe on a blog before I became aware of Pinterest.  So, as usual, I copied the recipe, but not the blog it came from.  If someone recognizes this recipe, please let me know so I can give credit to whoever posted it first!  Now that I use Pinterest when I find things on the web, I always know who my source was.  If you find lots of ideas on the internet and want a way to keep them organized, you should look into it.

This turned out really well.  I followed the recipe exactly (a rarity for me), and I'm glad I did.  Dev and I had a piece right after I took it out of the oven and it was wonderful.  We put butter on ours, but cream cheese would be just as good.

Comments

Popular Posts