New Fire Pit Because.... Smores!

We have lived in our house almost 3 years.  I have been after my husband for most of that time to build a fire pit in our back yard.

Imagine my happiness, when about a month ago, he went to Lowe's, got the stuff, and built one!  Doesn't it look great?

To be honest, one of the reasons I wanted a fire pit was so we could make authentic smores at home.  So as soon as we had an evening without wind, we built the inaugural fire in the new pit.

I thought we should make the first batch of smores special, so instead of buying Hershey bars (neither Will or I am fond of Hershey's chocolate), I bought Ghirardelli (spelling) dark chocolate squares.  I was not disappointed.  I think using dark chocolate keeps the finished smore from being too sickeningly sweet.

I was really happy with the results!  Now that we have the pit, I'm sure our summer will be full of evenings around the fire, roasting marshmallows for fancy smores!  I'll never go back to Hershey bars again!

Comments

Popular Posts