Tomato Cheddar Toast


This is one of the first snacks I learned to make by myself when I was growing up.  It is a slightly more cosmopolitan version of "pizza toast."  

When I was in middle school, my favorite thing to eat when I got home from school was pizza toast.  I would take a piece of bread, slather it with jarred pizza sauce, then cover it in shredded cheddar cheese.  After 15 minutes or so in the toaster oven, I had an amazing snack!

As I got older, I realized I could make the same thing without the processed pizza sauce.  Now pizza toast has become whole wheat English muffins with sliced fresh tomatoes, cheddar cheese and fresh basil (if I have it around).

This gets served as breakfast, lunch or dinner around my house.  Possible toppings are endless.  It is a quick and semi-healthy snack!  

Comments

Popular Posts