Grilled Chicken with Fresh Corn Polenta and Zucchini Sauce

Some dishes are not very photogenic.  This is one of those dishes.  Or maybe it's just that I need to read up on food photography.  Whatever- this pic does not do this meal justice.  It looks like my dog vomited on a white plate, but please believe me, this is some good stuff!

The chicken part was insanely simple.  I defrosted 2 frozen chicken thighs in the microwave, then liberally sprinkled both of them with blackening spice.  I covered them with plastic wrap and put them in the ice box to hang out while I put the rest of dinner together.  I ended up throwing the chicken on the grill until they registered 170 degrees.

Now for the fun part...

I won't write out the whole recipe here, but go here to find it.  I did not make the full recipe because I was afraid if we didn't like it, we'd be stuck with it for a week.  Now, I wish I had made the whole thing.  The only substitution I made was using zucchini instead of the eggplant called for in the recipe.  Dev doesn't like eggplant.  I think it would be awesome, though.

I found this recipe on Food52- which happens to be one of my favorite places to find new recipes and techniques.

So, is this recipe a little fussy? Yes.  Would I come home after a busy Wednesday and try to make this for dinner?  No.  Was it worth the 20 minutes it took me to clean my food processor after I made it?  Yes.  Would I make it for dinner if Wills and Kate just happened to stop by?  Yes.

Seriously, if you love polenta, or just love corn, you need to try this.  I just used frozen corn, but it would be awesome with Silver Queen or Olathe Sweet corn.

As a side note, this dinner was also dairy and gluten free.  Just sayin'.

Comments

Popular Posts