Oven Roasted Chicken Thighs

In my opinion, life would be bleak without roasted chicken.  It's one of those things that makes you feel better.  It makes you feel like a good cook.  And luckily, it's easy.

I usually by a package of 8 thighs and roast them all at once, then put whatever doesn't get eaten for dinner in the ice box for later in the week.

The prep is very simple.  I loosen the skin on each thigh, and rub down the flesh and skin with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Then I put a slice of lemon and sprigs of fresh rosemary and thyme under the skin.

I put a thermometer in the largest thigh and roast them in the oven at 400 degrees until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees.

Usually my husband likes these with molasses bbq sauce.

I served these with corn on the cob and sautéed swiss chard.

Comments

Popular Posts