Summer Squash and Corn Chowder

My garden is producing more yellow squash than I could possibly ever eat.  We have eaten squash in some form pretty much every day for the last week.

Because of this, I'm constantly on the lookout for new ways to use squash.  And when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it.

I knew from past experience that yellow squash and corn play very well together.  Making a soup out of them is a no-brainer!

I got this recipe from a blog called Cooking Classy. It was very easy to do, and the leftover soup just got better after sitting in the icebox overnight.  It made an even better lunch the next day!

The only thing I added to the recipe was a liberal dash of hot sauce.  I really felt that once the milk and cream were added to the soup, there needed to be something to punch through the richness.  I might also add some roasted poblano or even jalapeño pepper next time I make it.  And there WILL be a next time!

Comments

Popular Posts