Breakfast- again!


Breakfast today was fairly simple.  I had my normal cup of tea (Earl Grey), scrambled eggs, cinnamon raisin toast, and a piece of bacon.

Scrambled eggs can be a surprisingly complicated affair.  There are wildly different ways of making them- from very simple to extremely complex (using double boilers and such).  I find that people are usually in one of two camps.  Some people are dry scrambled egg people.  I think these people don't particularly love eggs, but they feel obligated by breakfast culture to eat them.  Then there are moist scrambled egg people.  I am one of these.  I love eggs.  Apart from raw, I can't think of any preparation of eggs I won't eat.  I tend to like my eggs custardy and moist, with soft curds.

Then there's the whole other argument about salting the eggs before or after cooking.  I season mine before I cook them.  I usually add a dash of salt and sriracha.  Some people swear that you shouldn't salt the eggs until after they cook because it impacts their texture.  I've tried it both ways but I don't see a huge difference.

Lastly, people like to argue about whether or not you should add any additional liquid to the eggs before you scramble them.  I've been all over the map on this one.  I used to add a splash of milk or cream as I beat the eggs.  Then I forewent the milk in favor of a splash of water.  Again, I didn't see much of a difference between the two.  Now I don't add any extra liquid- I just whip the eggs with whatever seasoning I'm using.  For now, this works for me.  

If you can think of some other variation on the themes offered above, I would love to hear them!

Comments

Popular Posts