Cheesy-Gritty Breakfast


I love cooking breakfast.  Actually, I love cooking breakfast on the weekends when time is not a factor.  I hate making breakfast during the week.  Cooking is one of those areas where I don't respond well to time pressure.

This particular breakfast was a shining example of what I like to eat- layers of yummy things all piled on top of each other, then mixed up and devoured.

Here's the rundown of the dish...

First I made a batch of garlic cheese grits.  I use chicken broth as the liquid, and I add a clove of whole garlic (which I fish out before adding the grits).  When the grits are creamy and smooth, I stir in as much cheddar as I feel like grating.  On this morning, I was energetic and added A LOT of cheese.  This is the bottom layer of the bowl.

I fried an over easy egg and perched it on top of the grits.

I diced and seasoned a Roma tomato and sliced half an avocado.  Lastly, I sprinkled a crumbled piece of bacon over the whole thing.  Oh- and I didn't douse it with sriracha until after I took the picture.

Voila!  Breakfast!

Comments

Popular Posts