Bad Weather!



Dev just took that picture out our office window. It looks a lot closer than it is, but it's still pretty frightening.

I wasn't sure who to call about it, because I'm sure someone wants to know. It's gone now, but I'm sure the conditions are still right to spawn another one.

I ended up calling the non-emergency police line (got a machine wanting me to leave a message- not helpful), then I called our local public radio station. Their suggestion was to call the State Patrol and report it to them. So that's what I did. The person on the phone said they would report it to the national weather people, but there wasn't really anything to be done unless it touched down and damaged property. I guess that makes sense, but it makes me feel pretty helpless.

Now I'm glued to the window, looking for another funnel cloud. What a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon, huh?

Comments

Anonymous said…
eeeks!

Popular Posts