Paying Bills...Bleh

So I just finished paying bills. I hate this activity.

I am fortunate because I do have a tiny bit of money left over (I can't wait for a month when I don't owe the doctor half my salary). But it seems that amount gets tinier and tinier (is tinier a word??) every month.

It is slowly changing the way I plan meals and cook. A while back, I would sit down and look through my cooking magazines and decide which of the yummie looking recipes I wanted to make, then go to the store and get the stuff and cook. Now- I'm wondering how many things I can make with the pork roast that's on sale for 87 cents a pound. I'm trying to view this as an exercise in creativity...how many wonderful meals can I make for the least amount of money. But sometimes, I admit, I'm spoiled and I get depressed about it. I can be such a brat.

So, I should just suck it up and be happy that I have a roof over my head and a wonderful person with whom to share my tiny bit of money. And, of course, there's the added comfort of knowing that I'm not alone in all of this. I am afraid there may be tough times ahead for everyone....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Trust me...you should be thankful everyday for Dev...life is hard enough and downright crappy without what you have! bad, bad, bad! Di
TayDenise said…
eh yea.
i belive.
i did a current event on the whole
palin and biden debate that was on oct 1st.
oh well this world will end.
we just have to get read for it.
Mimi said…
I know exactly what you mean, Di. I really shouldn't complain.
Mimi said…
Tay-
You should start publishing your current events on your blog so I can read them and offer criticism!! Just kidding- but I would like to read them!

Popular Posts