Sausage Hoagie Quiche



I was watching this show on Food Network the other day, and they were profiling some diner where the owner made his own italian sausage, then used it to make a sausage hoagie.

I started thinking that the ingredients for his sandwich (italian sausage, red peppers, onions and cheese) would be good in a quiche.

So, I defrosted a pie crust, browned some breakfast sausage and added some diced onions and red peppers. I put this mixture in the bottom of the pie crust, then sprinkled on about a cup of cheddar cheese.

In my blender I put 4 eggs, 2 cups of heavy cream, some freshly grated nutmeg and a few shots of hot sauce, then processed it for a few seconds. I poured the base mixture over the filling and baked it at 450 for the first 15 minutes, then cut the oven down to 300 and baked it for about another 45 minutes.

I haven't cut it yet, but I think it's gonna be good!

Comments

Anonymous said…
you rock

Popular Posts