It's Snowing....Again

You know, the first time it really snowed here, and by really snowed I mean we got 18 inches dumped on us overnight, I secretly thought it was kinda cool. We got a day off from school and everything looked beautiful!
Fast forward less than a month, and after living with the remnants of that first snow storm (it hasn't been warm enough to melt much off), it's snowing on us again. I find my attitude changing. Now it just means snow tracked in the house, and eventual slushy messiness everywhere. But it is still beautiful.
Trying to look on the bright side, at least I have an excuse to stay in and try out a few new recipes. Tonight I am trying a pork and rice stew. Hopefully I'll remember to take some pics and post them here.
I'm also catching up on reading my food blogs. Everyone seems to be posting their lists of the best cookbooks of 2009. So far I only see 2 I am interested in: 'Wichcraft and Hungry Monkey. The first is a cook book all about sandwiches and the second was written by a food critic who is trying to raise his son not to be a picky eater.
I guess I'll end this rambling, non-focused post now. I must go check on the progress of my pork defrosting project.

Comments

Diane said…
HAHA - I thought Witchcraft and Hungry Monkey was one book which was hilarious!

Popular Posts