On Vacation...

So many things to write about...so much laziness. Oh well- that's what vacations are for, right?

I think I'll start with the food. The one thing I was most looking forward to during the break was a chance to spend some quality time in the kitchen.

Dev's parents came to stay with us for Christmas, and I wanted them to eat well. Wednesday night was our first meal together, so I wanted it to be special. After giving it some thought, I went with seafood.

Using Diane's patented shrimp breading technique, I fried some shrimp and served baked potatoes and barbecue beans.

Thursday morning, we had hashbrown casserole and bacon with fruit salad. The hashbrown casserole recipe was from a Paula Deen cookbook. It was fairly simple- a bag of frozen hashbrown potatoes, sour cream, grated cheddar, and a can of cream of chicken soup.

Dinner brought about a pork loin roast with smoked gouda macaroni and cheese and peas. The pork was dry rubbed, then roasted at 375 degrees until it registered 150 degrees on a meat thermometer.
Christmas morning, we enjoyed baked stuffed french toast with buttered honey. For Christmas dinner, Dev made game hens with stout gravy. Dev's mom and I added cranberry salad, spaghetti squash and wild rice salad.

It seems like I've done nothing but eat since school got out. And with this week off, too, I'm sure there will be a few more adventures in the kitchen before I head back to work!

Comments

Popular Posts