Meaningful Discourse

One of the things I miss most about Savannah is my book club.

I always looked forward to book club Monday. We had a very diverse, intelligent and lively group of women. I should be using present tense, since the book club still meets, I just don't get the pleasure of attending anymore.

However, this morning, Dev and I met some fellow teachers at Starbucks. We sat around and talked. We talked about school, family, books- anything that came to our minds. It felt so good to sit in the company of friends and discuss things. It almost felt like book club all over again. We even talked about starting a book club group. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am about the prospect of that.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can all find some time for meaningful discourse...

Comments

Popular Posts