Gorgonzola Stuffed Burgers

It's summer.  Everyone is looking for the perfect burger recipe for those nights when it's just too hot to turn on the stove.  Grilling out is a national obsession, and I'm the first to admit I'm hooked.  I will do just about anything to keep from heating up my kitchen in the afternoons.

I have always struggled with burgers.  I love them, but I've never been any good at making them at home.  It seems mine always turn out too dry.  I always look forward to magazine articles in the summer, because you always get ideas for a better burger.  This year, I decided to try a stuffed burger.  And since I like blue cheese, I decided to stuff my burgers with gorgonzola.

I used my standard burger recipe, but it needs work, so any suggestions are welcome!

I bought a beef chuck roast (just a small one- a little over a pound) and ground it using my kitchen aid grinder attachment.  To the freshly ground meat I added a handful of panko bread crumbs, some worcestershire sauce, some chopped garlic and salt and pepper.  I divided the mix into 8 portions, and formed each portion into a patty.  Then, I took 2 patties and put some crumbled gorgonzola between them and sealed them up.  When I was done I had 4 burgers.

I grilled the burgers, then served them with potato chips and a quinoa salad.

The flavor was great, but I'm still struggling with how to get a juicy burger.  Should I add some additional fat to the ground mix?  Stop using the bread crumbs?  Help!  I could also use some help with my food photography...yikes!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mimi: I have been adding chopped spinach, black olives, and green olives mixed in with the meat. This seems to add some moisture. I also have turned the heat way down and that seems to help significantly. Shelley

Popular Posts