Cucumber Pico de Gallo

Normally, when I make pico de gallo, I use tomato, red onion, and jalapeño.  This week, the garden is spewing forth dozens of cucumbers, so I'm throwing those in as well.

There really isn't a recipe for pico... you just throw whatever you want in there.  I'll list what I used, but I also won't give amounts.  If you don't groove on onion, use less.  If you don't like cucumbers, don't use them.  Do whatever makes you happy!

Cucumber Pico de Gallo

6 lemon cucumbers, diced (I don't seed mine)
6 roma tomatoes, diced (I squish out the jelly stuff so the mixture doesn't get too soupy)
1 small red onion, minced
1 small jalapeño, minced
Fresh lime juice
Red wine vinegar
Olive oil
Salt

Mix everything up and let it sit at least 30 minutes before you attack it.  If you have the willpower... I never do!

Comments

Popular Posts