Sunday Supper Potato Soup

I love potato soup. It's one of those things you can whip up with only a few ingredients, or you can take it over the top. Tonight I kept it pretty simple.

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large sweet onion, chopped
1 clove garlic or use garlic powder
1 large russet potato, peeled and chopped
4 cups chicken broth or stock
1/4 cup cream
4 oz. cream cheese
Salt
Pepper

I started by sautéing the onion and garlic over medium heat until they began to brown. Then I added the potato, salt and pepper. I let it hang out a while, then added the broth. I brought it to an active simmer, and let it go for about 20 minutes. After testing the potatoes to make sure they were done, I tasted it and adjusted the seasoning. Off the heat, I buzzed it up with my immersion blender. I left it a little chunky. Then I put the cream and cream cheese and put the lid on. I let it sit for about 5 minutes to let the cream cheese melt. After a quick stir, I ladled it into bowls and that was that!  If you're feeling fancy, garnish with parsley and/or chives and/or scallions.

Comments

Popular Posts