Cavalcade of Fun 2021- Day 4

 Day four was my first beach day of the trip.  I think the beach is one of the things I miss the most about living in Colorado.  Lakes and rivers are great, but there's just something about swimming in the ocean, and staring out over the water and not seeing any land on the other side.  I think it helps me put things in perspective...















As always, the food on day 4 was exceptional.  We stopped by Coco's Sunset Grill on the way back into town from the beach.  This is a ritual that must be preserved at all costs.  


This time around, Diane introduced me to a new favorite.  This is a calamari Caesar salad.  Oh. My. Lord.  I have declared this the most perfect salad in the universe- perfectly fried calamari, just the right amount of house-made dressing and cool, crisp lettuce.  Post-beach food doesn't get any better than this.

Later that same day Diane and I met up with some friends of mine from high school- Lisanne and Elizabeth at the best Mexican restaurant in town- Tequila's Town.  I can honestly say the Mexican food scene has vastly improved since I left 13 years ago.  The food at Tequila's would stand up even if they were located in Colorado!  I wasn't feeling very hungry, especially after the table side guacamole showed up, so I ordered chicken nachos and shared them with everyone at the table.  I should have taken pictures of what everyone had, and of everyone at the table, but I didn't.  I am such a sucky blogger!


After I got back from supper, I texted Dev to see how he and the dog were holding up.  He sent me this pic of Newton as proof of life...


It looks like they are doing just fine without me!










Comments

Popular Posts