Cavalcade of Fun 2021- Day 5

 Day 5 was another chill day.  I stayed home at mom's and did laundry and worked on homework.  One of the difficulties I'm having on this trip is learning how to balance being on vacation and taking my last grad class.  When I'm at the beach, I think of what I need to do for my final project.  When I'm working on my project, I think about the beach...  I realize how fortunate I am to have the opportunity to do both of those things, so I'll stop complaining.

You know what makes me feel better?  Eating lots of fried foods that will eventually kill me!  Day 5 offered a monumental opportunity to do just that!  Spanky's is a restaurant that has been located on the south side of Savannah for as long as I've been alive.  The food is nothing fancy, but it's consistent.  The one thing everyone knows to get at Spanky's is chicken fingers.  And chicken fingers wouldn't be chicken fingers without spuds.  Spuds are thick sliced potatoes that are battered and fried.  The fingers and spuds are served with a variety of dipping sauces- my personal favorites are spicy honey and horseradish cream.  I took some gratuitous shots of the fried goodness...




This last shot is a fried mushroom.  I have never had fried mushrooms this good at any other restaurant anywhere.  

We called in the order to Spanky's, then went to pick it up.  When we were driving back, I took a picture out the car window because it honestly looked like the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse were going to come galloping out of this bank of clouds.


The last pic I took on this day was a group of chicken that wandered into Momma's backyard after supper.  I think they were after the worms that came up after all the rain.












Comments

Popular Posts