Cavalcade of Fun 2021- Day 9

Today was an awesome day!!!  

I started the day with a smoked salmon & cream cheese bagel.  I love the cold cured salmon from FreshMarket because it isn't as salty as the stuff I usually get at the grocery store.  It's also way more expensive than what I usually buy...


After breakfast, Momma and I ran around and did a little shopping.  We bought her a new ice box because the one she has now is super old.  I introduced her to the wonderland of Ulta Cosmetics, where I bought some much-needed skin care (LaRoche Posay) and some fun nail polish so we could do manicures one evening this week.

For lunch we decided on a local favorite- Baldino's Subs.  I have never had a sandwich from any other sandwich shop that comes close to a Baldino's sub. 

They bake their rolls from scratch in-house, so right off the bat you know you're getting something better than Subway or Jimmy Johns.  They don't use fancy dressings or sauces- just really fresh meat and veggies, a little oregano, and mayo.  Perfect!

We headed home with lunch, and that's were the afternoon really took off!  Mom mentioned that she had a plastic tub in her shed that she thought had some of my stuff from high school in it.  While she laid down for a quick nap, I went out to grab it and go through whatever was in it.

When I tell you it was a time capsule of the mid 1980s, I am not kidding.  I won't show you pictures of everything- just some of the cooler stuff...






I'm pretty sure this scarf was worn as a belt to an actual Duran Duran concert in Columbia, SC.

I'm now in the process of finding someone who would like to sell this stuff for me on eBay.  Surely some pop historian would like to adopt some of this stuff????














Comments

Popular Posts