My Mom Is A Genius

I was talking to my mom yesterday. I was pretty tired, and exasperated by the fact that I had horrible heart burn (in spite of only having eaten 2 bites of tofu, 1 piece of steamed broccoli and maybe 3 spoonfuls of steamed rice ALL DAY).

I told her I didn't want to take Tums or Rolaids because I had an ultrasound this morning (I get the results tomorrow- stay tuned) and I didn't want anything to interfere with the test. Besides, I've taken those things in the past and they really aren't that effective for me.

Without skipping a beat, my mother says to put about a half spoonful of baking soda in a small glass and add maybe half a cup of water to it. Down it- and you'll feel better.

So after we hung up I did just that.....and in less than 10 minutes I felt better than I have in about 3 weeks. It could be a coincidence, but I choose not to believe that.

As a result of this epiphany, I have experienced a slight improvement in my appetite. And that's good- because the soup of the day at Milagro's Coffee House today was "Creamy Brie and Mushroom." OMG- I only ate about half a cup but it was DIVINE!!! After my lunch, I had a chaser of baking soda and water and presto! No nasty heartburn or stomach pain. The improvement continued after I got home. I was actually able to cook a big pot of my all time favorite risotto milanese for dinner. Again- I only ate about 2/3 of a cup, but it was so good, and my chaser of baking soda chased away the heartburn monster! Go over the the food blog for the risotto recipe.

I'll blog more tomorrow after my visit to the doctor for a diagnosis/next step appointment.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good luck! You know a friend of mine did that baking soda thing too and her doctor had her on huge doses of prilosec and the baking soda was the only thing that worked - I swear have the ails of the world can be cured with asprin and a coke!

Popular Posts