HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Is it really 2009 already?? Geez. Although, to be honest, I'm not particularly sorry to see 2008 go. It's been a rough year.

I decided to copy my friend Diane's blog for my first post of 2009. She posted a list of 50 questions to answer for 2009. I have my answers here, but go on over to her new blog, Diane's Brain, to see hers. I actually skipped the one about the song lyric to sum up 2008. It's gonna take a me a little while to come up with that.

50 questions for the New Year

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I tried yoga and knitting.

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t think I made any last year (so I guess that means I didn’t follow them…). This year I am making a simple one….treat myself better

3. Did anyone you know give birth?
Yes- my friend Lisanne had a beautiful baby boy.

4. Did anyone you know die?
Yes- a lady who attends my knitting circle lost her husband in a tragic farming accident.

5. What countries did you visit?
I didn’t visit any foreign countries, but I continued my exploration of Colorado. We went camping for a week on Grand Mesa, and took long drives through Pagosa Springs, Ouray and Silverton.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Better health and less worrying.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Becoming a librarian with very little experience, and developing a love for knitting.

8. What was your biggest failure?
I hate that I quit going to yoga. It’s on my list of things to start back.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I am still suffering from some sort of mysterious chest pain, but hopefully I’ll get that sorted out soon. I also battled reflux disease and a possible stomach ulcer. What a fun year!!

10. What was the best thing you bought?
I got a brand spankin’ new food processor…and a beautiful cast iron smoker.

11. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I got excited about knitting. I also got excited about politics again.

12. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I have no idea. I don’t listen to new stuff very often. My friend Diane made a mix tape for me a while back and I listen to that when we are driving around in the mountains.

13. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Getting happier
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner, but that should end soon when my chest stuff gets fixed
c) richer or poorer? Definitely poorer. Hopefully this will end soon as well.

14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Yoga and spending time with friends.

15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about having a heart attack.

16. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas with Devin’s family in Montrose.

Um, where is question 17?

18. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I was already in love, but found thousands of new reasons to stay in love.

19. What was your favorite TV program?
Naked Archaeologist, Living with Ed

20. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope. I can’t really think of anyone I hate.

21. What was the best book you read?
Middlesex, Time Travelers Wife- I agree with Di on both of those.

22. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I didn’t really make one.

23. What was the best meal you ate?
There is no way I could narrow this down. Even when things are looking bad, I usually eat pretty well. I will say it was nice when I went home to Savannah over the summer and got to eat lots of good seafood with Di.

24. What was your favorite film of this year?
I really liked the new Bond movie. And I really hated the new Indiana Jones movie.

25. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I got flowers and balloons from my friend at school, and Dev took me to dinner at the Golf Club. I turned 40, and must admit, I was pretty depressed.

26. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Better health.

27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Wash and wear librarian…nuff said.

28. What kept you sane?
Nothing. I gave up on that years ago. I’m with Di on that one.

29. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ed Begley, Jr. (horrible spelling), Alton Brown, Simka Jacobovich… (thank God for cable…)

30. What political issue stirred you the most?
I am really concerned about public education in America…and better access to health care.

31. Who did you miss?
My family, Diane, Lizard and all my friends back home.

32. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
It takes longer than you might think for a first grader to trace his feet.

33. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:


34. What is the most useless thing you learned this year?
Don’t put dirt down the garbage disposal. Actually, that’s pretty useful. And I didn’t really learn it- Dev did.

35. If you were to title this year like a book, what would it be?
The Year of Living Dangerously (or at least worrying about it).

36. Where were you when 2008 began?
On my couch playing Uno with Dev, trying to stay awake until midnight.

37. Who were you with?
Dev

38. Where will you be when 2008 ends?
I was on my couch, watching Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve after eating mediocre Mexican food and watching a Hellboy marathon.

39. Who will you be with when 2008 ends?
Dev

40. What was your favourite month of 2008?
I have to say my extended visit home over the summer made my year. It was nice to participate in the Cavalcade of Fun again.

41. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2008?
Nope- I hardly drank any at all- thank you acid reflux….

42. Did you do a lot of drugs in 2008?
Nope

43. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
I hid Sonic tater tot bags under the trash so Dev wouldn’t see them.

44. What was the worst lie someone told you in 2008?
Hmmmm…I think my doctor gets this honor for telling me I would be feeling better soon.

45. Did you treat somebody badly in 2008?
I didn’t stay in touch with my family and friends the way I should. That’s another thing on my list to improve upon this year.

And 46?

47. How much money did you spend in 2008?
Slightly more than I made…

48. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2008 and change something what would it be?
I would hug my Mom more. I would tell Dev I love him more often.

49. Will 2009 be harder or easier than 2008?
I’m hoping it will be easier.

50. What are your plans for 2009?
I plan to get my Colorado teaching certification (or at least start). I will go back to yoga. I will become much better at knitting. I will continue to be the best primary school librarian I know how to be. I will love Dev more. I will call my friends and family more often. I will remember to take my camera along more often. I will be a better blogger….

Comments

Popular Posts