Perfectly Premium Potato Pancakes


potato pancakes, originally uploaded by All Things Mimi.

We love mashed potatoes at our house. We love leftover mashed potatoes even better...because you can do all sorts of things with them.

My all time favorite way to use leftover mashed potatoes is to make potato pancakes.

There are millions of recipes for potato pancakes. I make them the way my parents used to.

Here's the way I do it:

I use about a cup and a half of mashed potatoes- although you can use as much or as little as you like. I warm them a bit to loosen them up, then mix in 1 large egg, about 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of Penzey's Greek Seasoning (optional- but oh so good), about a quarter of a cup of half and half or cream, then add enough buttermilk to give the batter the consistency you want. Taste the batter and add salt and pepper.

I cook them on an electric griddle that's been sprayed with cooking spray, but doing them in a cast iron skillet with butter is the ultimate.

Dev would eat these every morning if he got the chance.

Comments

Popular Posts