socks


socks, originally uploaded by All Things Mimi.

My first attempt at socks. It is not going well. It has taken forever to get this far. I ripped it out about 8 times, just trying to get the round joined on the double pointed needles. My rib pattern is also messed up, but I swear it would kill me to rip it out again!
Part of the problem is the double points. I am used to knitting on huge needles, so using size 3 needles is like knitting with toothpicks. And using so many needles at once is difficult, because I'm a spaz.
I will finish the socks, because it is a matter of principle. But I'm not sure I will become a sock person. Perhaps I will stick to rectangular nad square things... :)

Comments

Diane said…
Hmm - I appreciate your stick to it attitude, but socks cost like $3 :)
Emmy Lou said…
okay so obviously I am reading your post in order and didn't see you already posted about the socks, ha ha. But, you can do it!!! I think I ripped out my first nearly completed socks three times, but now I enjoy making socks now and then - I'm not addicted by any means.

Popular Posts