A Not So Stellar Lunch- Cleaning Out the Pantry

Whilst cleaning out my pantry this morning, I came across a pouch of instant miso soup.  It only had 2 servings of soup left, so I figured I'd make them for lunch and clean at least one thing out.  The only thing I'm sorrier for than eating that soup is buying it in the first place.  Here's a pic of it....

I want you to look at the package so you make sure you NEVER BUY THIS SOUP!  It was awful.

The directions said to dump the packets in the bottom of a bowl or mug, then pour 8oz. of hot water on it.

That's exactly what I did.  

Here's what it looked like after the application of the aforementioned hot water:

It was weak and way under seasoned.  The little white cubes of freeze dried tofu tasted like wet cardboard.

To think I ate this, when I had wonderful real white miso paste and dashi flakes in my pantry is a crime against humanity.

The only bright side in this situation was that now my pantry is free of gross instant miso soup.

Oh- and I also managed to get rid of the one piece of disgusting whole wheat/flax flatbread by making a turkey sandwich.  :)

Comments

Popular Posts