Oreo Truffles

Sorry for the blurry picture.  I was way too lazy to walk upstairs and get the $600 camera I bought specifically for taking pictures for my blog.  I'm on vacation. :)

So this is so easy it borders on embarrassing.  Every time I make these and take them somewhere, people go nuts.  If I was more cool and sophisticated, I'd just smile slyly and bask in the compliments.  But not me!  I immediately begin spouting off all the reasons no one should be impressed.  I never was a cool kid.

So here's what it takes to make these....one bag of regular oreos and one block of room temperature cream cheese (8oz).  That's it.  The only other thing you need is whatever you want to roll them in.  Some people dip them in candy coating, but I think they are already sweet and rich enough, and that makes them throat-tickly sweet.  I like rolling them in unsweetened or salty coatings.  It makes them more balanced.

Let's get started, shall we?   You take the oreos and blitz them around in your food processor until they look like dirt- no white filling showing.  Then dump the oreo crumbs in your mixer and add the package of softened cream cheese.  Put the mixer on lowish and let it go until the stuff is mixed together and dark black- no white showing.  Roll the dough into whatever size ball you want.  I think smallish is better because these are really sweet.  Starting at top left, I rolled some in crushed graham cracker crumbs, crushed salted peanuts (this was my favorite!) and lastly, unsweetened cocoa powder and espresso powder.

Whip up a batch and take them to work.  I promise you will make friends!

Comments

Popular Posts