Pizza Night!

We had quite a successful pizza night around here.  I'm trying to perfect my thin crust pizza dough recipe and my sauce.  For this batch of dough I used half all purpose flour and half semolina flour.  I made the dough 3 days ago and put it in the freezer after the first rise.  After thawing, it rolled out beautifully.  I think I may make one more recipe of dough using more semolina than all purpose flour, just to see if that improves the crisp factor.  If not, I'll be satisfied with the half and half.

I really liked the sauce I made tonight.  I put all of these things in a blender: 3 hot house tomatoes, one shallot, 1 clove garlic, a few glugs of balsamic vinegar, juice of half a meyer lemon, a few glugs of olive oil, a handful of dried oregano and about a tablespoon of honey.  The only thing I might change is the honey.  I think the vinegar was sweet enough. Oh- and I added a healthy pinch of kosher salt.  Because of the fresh tomatoes, the sauce was a bit weepy.  I think heating it briefly in a wide saucepan might help evaporate some of the extra juice.  I might even try a batch with some oven roasted tomatoes to see if that helps with sweetness and moisture content.

I am so close to my definitive pizza recipe... As soon as I get there, I'll publish it here.

I almost forgot!  My toppings of choice this evening were Canadian bacon, goat cheese, kalamata olives, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese.  It was very, very good pizza.  I feel sorry for all the people stuck eating Dominoes...  :(

Comments

Popular Posts