Lazy Saturday Breakfast

Dev's mother was supposed to drive over to stay with us for the weekend, but apparently the pipes in her house froze last night....so she's busy dealing with that.   With no house guest, breakfast became much lower maintenance.

Dev makes yogurt for me whenever I ask him to.  I like it because I strain it and use it like Greek yogurt.  I had a batch in the strainer overnight, so I attempted to make strawberry-rhubarb yogurt this morning.  I don't think it turned out very well.  I used some pie filling I already had on hand, and it just didn't get it sweet enough to over ride the tartness of the rhubarb.

Next time I think I'll do two things differently.  One- I'll use jam to sweeten because it's mostly sugar.  Two- I'll put it in my Kitchenaide to smooth it out more.  I did this batch by hand and it was lumpy.

I have no photos because I forgot to take them. :(

On to my project for the day..... cleaning out the pantry!

Comments

Popular Posts