Another Great Breakfast

This was my breakfast this morning.  IMHO, this is bread and egg elevated to their highest and purest form.

I started with two small slices of Dev's home made, no-knead bread.  I melted about a tablespoon of salted butter in a non-stick skillet and toasted the bread on both sides to get it nice and dark and crispy.

I put the toast on my plate, then added about a teaspoon more salted butter into the pan and added one farm fresh egg.  I spooned the spitting butter over the white part for a few seconds, then put a pan lid over the skillet to firm up the white part of the egg.  I didn't let it go very long, because I wanted that beautiful yolk to break over the toast when I ate it.  When the egg whites were firm, I slid the egg from the skillet and put it on top of the toast.  A little grated parmigiano reggiano (I think I spelled that really wrong- but I meant REAL parmesan cheese- not that crap out of the green canister).  I peppered it at the table and dug in.

Comments

Popular Posts