Spring Break- a great time for Fromage Fort!

Yay!  I know I started a blog eating diary, then promptly didn't post again for a week.  Believe it or not, there is a logical explanation for this.  I've been out of town, without access to the interwebz!  I figured I would hate it, but it turned into quite a restful experience.

Anyhoo- I will pick up where I left off.  The good news is, even though I haven't been blogging what I eat, I haven't had any fast food!

Today I had home made waffles, sausage and Earl Grey tea for breakfast, then a cheese quesadilla for lunch (filled with gruyere cheese).

When we got home earlier today, I realized I had a cheese drawer full of odds and ends of cheeses, all of which were very close to inedible.  Whilst trying to figure out what to do about them all, I remembered an old episode of Alton Brown's show "Good Eats."  In this particular episode, Alton uses up a bunch of cheeses by making Fromage Fort.  I figured I'd give it a try and see how I did.  He says you can use any cheeses.  I had these laying around:  gruyere, provolone, parmesan, Raspberry Bellavitano and Drunken Goat.  I used a Riesling because I didn't have any dry white wine around.

The spread turned out very well.  I predict we will be snacking on it happily for the rest of the week.  I'll take a pic of some later, when I feel like getting up off the couch!

Comments

Popular Posts