Migas



I read a lot of food magazines. And a lot of food blogs. I ran into this idea somewhere in a magazine or on a blog, I honestly don't remember which. It's a breakfast dish, which makes it a ok in my book. I love trying new breakfast stuff.

The idea is great because it helps me clean out my ice box. I had a few corn tortillas left, so I cut them into small squares and sauteed them in a non stick skillet with some vegetable oil. After that I added some diced sweet onion. I let it go long enough to kinda crisp up the tortilla and soften the onion. Then I dumped my normal scrambled egg mixture in with it (4 eggs, a dash of half and half, a dash of sriracha hot sauce and a dash of salt). I scrambled the whole mess, then topped it with some pico de gallo.

This was really good. I'd do it again in a heart beat. And you could use any vegetable leftovers you had. You could even skip the corn tortillas and use the crumbly chips left in the bottom of the tortilla chip bag.

Try it, I bet you'll like it!

Comments

Popular Posts