Downward Dog- Hold the Fried Chicken

So I am in technically the 3rd week of yoga. And to be honest, things are getting a bit easier. I'm still a bit balance-challenged...and some of the stuff kills my knees....but I'm breathing better and I can tell a slight improvement in my flexibility.

This week was especially nice, as we finished our session with a somewhat meditative stretch. The only difficulty I experienced was brought about by the image our instructor asked us to call up during our relaxation stretching. She asked us to think of our favorite ice cream. Then she asked us to think about toppings, bowls, spoons, etc. Why is this problematic, you might ask? Well, I have noticed that during yoga (more specifically while I'm holding some uncomfortable position) I begin to think of, and therefore to crave foods that are horrible for me. For example, last week I could not get fried chicken and chili cheese fries out of my brain. Why do I do this?? Fried chicken and chili cheese fries would work against the whole reason I'm doing yoga. But I can't help it.

I really wanted to leave the rec center and drive straight to KFC to try out their new hot wings. Thankfully I didn't. I have a baked potato in the oven....and I'm even planning to use plain yogurt on it instead of sour cream.

I guess I'm not a lost cause yet......

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thats funny = when I did Yoga I always wanted not so much food as serious lovin'
Anonymous said…
Uh....what kind of Yoga was that? Maybe I can get her a video or something!

Popular Posts